Dark Chocolate Red Wine Brownies
The best of both worlds! We mix Ardon Creek’s Commission Man Red, a dry red wine, with dark chocolate to create a decadent dessert.
- ¼ cup Ardon Creek Commission Man Red
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ (heaping) cup dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan; spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt together the butter and one cup of the dark chocolate chips, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, until smooth. Remove the pan from heat and whisk in Commission Man Red. Let the mixture sit for a minute.
- Whisk in the eggs to combine, followed by the sugar and vanilla. Lastly, add the cocoa powder, flour, and pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan; sprinkle the top with the remaining dark chocolate chips. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the center appears set and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out mostly clean. Cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve. Can be topped with whipped cream, raspberries or vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Or crumble brownies in a small dish and top with fudge, raspberries, and a little Commission Man Red wine.
Note: Makes 8 servings.
Pairing: Pairs well with Ardon Creek Commission Man Red.